Articles of Dissolution Instructions

Business Corporations Act


This information is submitted to your authorized service provider for filing with the Registrar pursuant to the Business Corporations Act and must conform to Section 1 of the Regulations made under the Act.

This form is also used by societies wishing to voluntarily dissolve pursuant to Section 35 of the Societies Act. Item 3 (b) is applicable when dissolving a society and this form will be sent to and filed with Corporate Registry.

Item 1. Enter the corporation's full legal name.

Item 2. The corporate access number must be entered. It is printed on the top right hand corner of the:

  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Certificate of Continuance
  • Certificate of Amalgamation.

Item 3. (a) and (b) are applicable when dissolving under Section 211 (Dissolution of a Corporation), or Section 212 (Voluntary Liquidation and Dissolution).
(c) and (d) are applicable when dissolving under Section 212 (Voluntary Liquidation and Dissolution).

If box (c) is checked, the articles must be filed with a Statutory Declaration as required by Section 212(14) of the Business Corporations Act. The Statutory Declaration must state that:

  • the corporation has no assets, and
  • during the 13 months preceding the date of the Statutory Declaration, the corporation has not:
    1. distributed any of its property to its shareholders by dividend or otherwise, or
    2. conferred a benefit on any of the directors by way of remuneration or bonuses or other special payments that is in excess of an amount that fairly represents reasonable remuneration for services performed for the corporation by the director.

Item 4. This question must be answered if this application is being made under Section 212 of the Business Corporations Act.

Item 5. The name and business address of the person who will be responsible to produce the documents and records of the dissolved corporation for a period of six years under Section 226 of the Act.

The following information must be included:

  • signature of person authorizing (applicable for societies only)
  • name of person authorizing
  • title
  • identification (not applicable for societies)
  • date

When the information is submitted to your service provider, identification of the authorized person/officer/director/declarant will be required, except for societies.



Complete this form and return both copies (no fee required) to:
    Service Alberta
    PO BOX 1007 STN MAIN
    Edmonton, AB T5J 4W6
Walk-in Service
Corporate Registry
John E. Brownlee Bldg.
10365 - 97 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
For information call: Edmonton: (780) 427-2311
Toll-free: 310-0000 and
then dial 427-2311

REG3038 (Rev. 2003/05)